Monday, July 21, 2008

Welcome

Thanks for joining me on this journey. Over the course of the next year, I am going to be training for a triathalon. I thought this blog might be a fun place where I can keep myself accountable to you, my friends and family, and also a place for those of you who might want to be entertained by my process.

In another lifetime, I completed a Walking Marathon. It was a wonderful, challenging, fun, difficult, exciting and self-revealing experience. Afterwards, I never wanted to do anything else like that again. So, why now? Why a triathalon?

On one hand, the answer is: why not? On the other hand, the answer is: because I want to try something new. I want to stretch myself and see what I am capable of. My first triathalon will be in August 2009, which give me a whole year to prepare. I am not a natural athlete. I like to swim, play racquetball, and do a few other outdoor sporty-things, but long distance biking, running, and swimming in a lake do not come naturally to me.

I am hoping that in the course of the next year, I will get into better shape, find more discipline, and have fun doing this. Thanks for joining me on this journey.

No comments: