Thursday, August 28, 2008

Finding Fun

In my last post, I talked about dealing with disappointment. Thanks to those of you who offered encouraging words about that. I was able to get "right back on the horse," (or the treadmill) as they say. As it turns out, it was a good lesson in motivation.

Since then, my practice has been a little less than perfect, but I'm moving ahead. I hit a few bumps in the road when I was travelling, but now that I'm back, I'm going full steam ahead towards my first goal of a5K.

My current plan is to pray for some joy in all of this. I've been pretty diligent in sticking to my plan, but obligation only gets you so far. I'm hoping to start actually enjoying this. Will that ever happen?

There are many things in life that we do because we have to. I don't enjoy paying my bills, but I do it because I like to have stuff, like electricity and food. Right now, I don't enjoy exercising, but I do enjoy feeling better and getting in better shape. I am praying, though, that God will help me to find some joy in the midst of the struggle.

I'd love to hear from some of you the ways in which you find joy in overcoming obstacles.

No comments: